Boil the liquid with your own body temperature! Hand Boilers are glass sculptures containing a liquid that will ‘boil’ as heat is transferred from your bare hands. Simply cup the lower chamber of the Hand Boiler within the palm of your hand and watch how your body heat will cause the liquid inside to boil and rise through the tube into the upper chamber.
Hand Boilers perfectly demonstrates the concept of energy transfer, Charles’s Law, and vapour-liquid equilibrium. The colored liquid in the boiler is comprised of a volatile mixture of liquid (Methylene Chloride) that have a boiling point just above room temperature. The body heat from your hand causes the liquid to boil, which in turn makes the liquid evaporate, turning it to gas. The expanding gas pushes the liquid upwards and when you release your hand, equilibrium is re-established. The gas condenses into a liquid again and flows back into the lower bulb.
The Hand Boiler is a fascinating STEM toy, demonstrating several scientific properties meant to trigger children’s curiosity and interest about Science. It allows students to learn about physics in a fun and unique way. For students, teachers, and parents, the Hand Boiler is the perfect choice for a simple but educational toy.
List of Features:
- Educational STEM TOY for learning Physics in a fun way
- Demonstrates several scientific properties
- Lab genuine product under license
- Learning tool for teachers, students, and parents
- Comes in bright and vibrant colours
- Parent supervision is needed
- Fragile and easy to break
- Avoid direct contact to heat
- For children aged 14 & above
- Size of Hand Boiler:
- Height: 11.5cm
- Width: 4cm