Petrosains, The Discovery Centre
Where Science Comes Alive
Learning is never boring at our Discovery Centre. Touch, feel and experience discovery like never before with our interactive exhibits, and come face-to-face with science in delightful new ways through our ground-breaking activities, workshops and shows. Plus, with our travelling exhibits and special themed events, there’s something new to discover every time!
|Monday to Friday
(CLOSED on the first Monday of the month)
|9.30am to 5.30pm
(Last Admission : 4.00pm)
|3 April 2023, 3 July 2023, 7 Aug 2023, 4 Sep 2023,
2 Oct 2023, 6 Oct 2023, 4 Dec 2023
|CLOSED on these dates
(First Monday of the month)
|Weekend, public holiday & school holiday||9.30am to 6.30pm
(Last Admission : 5.00pm)
|Child (3-12 years)||RM7.50||RM16.50|
|Child (Below 3 years)||FREE Admission|
|Adult (13-60 years)||RM18.50||RM28.00|
|Senior Citizen (61 years & above)||RM9.00||RM14.00|
Energy Capsule Tickets
RM9 RM5/pax (only for LIMITED time), flat rate price applicable to all visitors who wish to take on the ride.
Tickets are available for purchase at our ticketing counter.
1. Tickets for the Energy Capsule ride is limited and subject to availability. It is solely for Petrosains admission ticket holders only. Should tickets for the Energy Capsule ride be no longer available, we will continue to sell Petrosains admission tickets without the Energy Capsule ride. (Subject to admission ticket availability too).
2. No ticket reservation allowed for Energy Capsule ride. Issuance of the ticket is over the counter only.
3. Online tickets (via Klook & Traveloka) are not inclusive of the Energy Capsule ride. Energy Capsule ticket can be obtained over the ticket counter, subject to ticket availability. We would suggest for you to come early in the morning to obtain the Energy Capsule ride ticket, following the online ticket entry time purchased earlier.
4. Petrosains is going cashless. We accept payment using credit card/ debit card/ American Express/ Maybank QR Pay/ Alipay and eWallet. You may also purchase admission tickets at Petrosains Ticketing Counter at level 4, Suria KLCC.
The health and safety of our visitors and staff remains as our number one priority. We have taken all the necessary measures to provide a safe and secure visit experience for all visitors and staff. We have conducted stringent sanitizing and disinfecting and ensured all staff to undergo COVID-19 testing whenever required.
Effective 1 May 2022, our health and safety guidelines have been revised as follows:
• Individuals who are COVID-19 positive with a high risk status on MySejahtera as well as those currently undergoing Home Surveillance Order (HSO) will not be allowed entry into our premises.
• All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by parents/guardian or adults.
Safety and Health
In ensuring your safety and health during the visit, please observe the following:
1. Hand sanitisers are available for usage and are placed at various areas inside the centre.
2. Food and drinks are not allowed inside the centre.
3. Only a limited number of lockers will be available for storage.
4. Please dispose used face masks or gloves in dedicated and labelled bins placed around the exhibit areas.
Bringing awe-inspiring science exhibits to the local communities.
We believe that everyone deserves high quality science-related educational activities and programmes. This is where Petrosains PlaySmart comes in.
Petrosains PlaySmart started small. Over the years, we have evolved structurally and in our offerings.
We now have four Petrosains PlaySmart centres (Johor Bahru, Kuantan, Kota Kinabalu, Kuching), each boasting around 3,500 – 9,000 sq ft in exhibition area size. Having started with a meagre number of programmes, we now implement 26 different types of programmes to cater to a wider spectrum of audience.
Throughout the years, Petrosains PlaySmart established excellent working partnerships which have helped us develop and grow. Notable partners include Perbadanan Perpustakaan Awam Johor (PPAJ), Unit Sains Teknologi dan ICT Negeri Johor (USICT), Perbadanan Perpustakaan Awam Pahang, Perpustakaan Negeri Sabah, Dewan Suarah Negeri Kuching, Ministry of Education, and the various State Education Departments who share the same commitments towards the community as we do.
In the long run, we hope to bridge the gap between science and the community. Petrosains PlaySmart hopes that science does not only exist in schools, libraries, laboratories and the like, but lives prosperously in our everyday lives.
•Improved literacy in science and technology within the local community
•Strong awareness and appreciation of science as part of everyday life
•Increased involvement of families and communities in promoting science to children and students alike
•Reinforce PETRONAS’ commitment to the local community where it operates
•Application of science programmes in schools and the use of the hands on, minds on, and hearts on approach in everyday life.
Plan A Visit To PlaySmart
Unlock a world of possibilities at your nearest PlaySmart centre. Wonder awaits!
On the East Coast? Coast right through PlaySmart Kuantan for an educational experience like no other!Visiting Hours
PlaySmart Johor Bahru
All down for a day out with science? We are! Join us as we bring the Petrosains experience down south to Johor Bahru.Visiting Hours
PlaySmart Kota Kinabalu
Science knows no boundaries. Petrosains crosses the sea to bring you PlaySmart Kota Kinabalu.Visiting Hours