Petrosains, The Discovery Centre
Where Science Comes Alive
Learning is never boring at our Discovery Centre. Touch, feel and experience discovery like never before with our interactive exhibits, and come face-to-face with science in delightful new ways through our ground-breaking activities, workshops and shows. Plus, with our travelling exhibits and special themed events, there’s something new to discover every time!
|Monday to Friday
(CLOSED on the first Monday of the month)
|9.30am to 5.30pm
(Last Admission : 4.00pm)
|3 April 2023, 3 July 2023, 7 Aug 2023, 4 Sep 2023,
2 Oct 2023, 6 Nov 2023, 4 Dec 2023
|CLOSED on these dates
(First Monday of the month)
|Weekend, public holiday & school holiday||9.30am to 6.30pm
(Last Admission : 5.00pm)
|Infant||Free Admission||Free Admission|
3 to 12 years old
|RM 10||RM 12||RM 20||RM 25|
13 to 60 years old
|RM 22||RM 25||RM 35||RM 40|
61 years old and above
|RM 10||RM 12||RM 20||RM 25|
Energy Capsule Tickets
RM9 RM5/pax (only for LIMITED time), flat rate price applicable to all visitors who wish to take on the ride.
Tickets are available for purchase at our ticketing counter.
1. Tickets for the Energy Capsule ride is limited and subject to availability. It is solely for Petrosains admission ticket holders only. Should tickets for the Energy Capsule ride be no longer available, we will continue to sell Petrosains admission tickets without the Energy Capsule ride. (Subject to admission ticket availability too).
2. No ticket reservation allowed for Energy Capsule ride. Issuance of the ticket is over the counter only.
3. Online tickets (via Klook & Traveloka) are not inclusive of the Energy Capsule ride. Energy Capsule ticket can be obtained over the ticket counter, subject to ticket availability. We would suggest for you to come early in the morning to obtain the Energy Capsule ride ticket, following the online ticket entry time purchased earlier.
4. Petrosains is going cashless. We accept payment using credit card/ debit card/ American Express/ Maybank QR Pay/ Alipay and eWallet. You may also purchase admission tickets at Petrosains Ticketing Counter at level 4, Suria KLCC.
RM5 RM3/pax (only for LIMITED time), flat rate price applicable to all visitors who wish to experience the activity in Maker Studio.
Tickets are available for purchase at our ticketing counter.
1. Tickets for the Maker Studio is limited and subject to availability. It is solely for Petrosains admission ticket holders only. Should tickets for the Maker Studio be no longer available, we will continue to sell Petrosains admission tickets without the Maker Studio. (Subject to admission ticket availability too).
2. No ticket reservation allowed for Maker Studio. Issuance of the ticket is over the counter only.
3. Online tickets (via Klook & Traveloka) are not inclusive of the Maker Studio. Maker Studio ticket can be obtained over the ticket counter, subject to ticket availability. We would suggest for you to come early in the morning to obtain the Maker Studio ticket, following the online ticket entry time purchased earlier.
4. Children 12 years and below MUST be accompanied by an ADULT for admission to Maker Studio.
5. Petrosains is going cashless. We accept payment using credit card/ debit card/ American Express/ Maybank QR Pay/ Alipay and eWallet. You may also purchase admission tickets at Petrosains Ticketing Counter at level 4, Suria KLCC.
Petrosains Educators BrunchWorkshop details :
Date : 10 June 2023
Time : 9.30am to 1.00pm
Venue : Beta Room, Petrosains
Join our programme and empower yourself as an educator! Discover the vital role of questioning skills in student development by cultivating keen observation. Gain firsthand inquiry experiences that inspire the creation of impactful teaching materials. Let us guide you in embracing inquiry as a student-centered approach. Take action and transform your teaching practice starting today!
here is the site link for registration:
Visit Workshop eticket
Looking for some information on Petrosains? Download our brochures for your reading.
1. Petrosains is offering online ticketing for MyKad and Non MyKad holders.
2. You may purchase tickets online through our official website at https://eticket.petrosains.com.my .
3. Please bring your e-ticket confirmation email or state your confirmation ID at our ticketing counter.
4. Cashless ticket transactions are encouraged. You may also purchase tickets through Online Travel Agents, (OTA) eg. Traveloka and Klook. Ticket purchase through OTA will need to be made at least one day before your actual visit. Please bring along the email confirmation on your visit.
5. Mode of payment accepted are as follows :-
• Credit cards/ debit cards/ payWave/ Maybank QR Pay & Alipay
6. Petrosains Members to present the Petrosains Discoverer’s League card (Physical / Digital QR Code) at our ticketing counter.
The health and safety of our visitors and staff remains as our number one priority. We have taken all the necessary measures to provide a safe and secure visit experience for all visitors and staff. We have conducted stringent sanitizing and disinfecting and ensured all staff to undergo COVID-19 testing whenever required.
Effective 1 May 2022, our health and safety guidelines have been revised as follows:
• Individuals who are COVID-19 positive with a high risk status on MySejahtera as well as those currently undergoing Home Surveillance Order (HSO) will not be allowed entry into our premises.
• All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by parents/guardian or adults.
If tickets are sold out for your preferred entry time, you may purchase your tickets at the Petrosains, The Discovery Centre Ticketing Counter, located at Level 4, Suria KLCC. All tickets are subject to availability.
For more information on special visit packages, kindly forward your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 03-2331 8181 (Monday – Friday 9.30am-5.30pm, Saturday-Sunday & Public Holidays 9.30am – 6.30pm)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Patrons are deemed to have read all instructions, notices and signs displayed in, on, or around the premises and shall observe and conform with the same.
- This eTicket admits one person only.
- eTickets sold are not refundable or transferable.
- This eTicket is valid on the date and time of entry as stated on this ticket. The Management reserves the right to change the time of entry without notice.
Safety and Health
In ensuring your safety and health during the visit, please observe the following:
- Hand sanitisers are available for usage and are placed at various areas inside the centre.
- Food and drinks are not allowed inside the centre.
- Only a limited number of lockers will be available for storage.
- Please dispose used face masks or gloves in dedicated and labelled bins placed around the exhibit areas.
Online Ticketing FAQ
While you can always buy tickets onsite, buying them in advance secures your entry on the day you’d like to visit, which many people find very convenient when planning their day.
Once the entry ticket is purchased online, simply print out the confirmation document or bring it up as a PDF with QR code on your mobile device, (for validation upon entry) and you can walk right in. PLEASE NOTE:
- Tickets are valid only for the date selected. They are non-transferable and no cash refund will be entertained.
- MyKad/MyKid MUST be presented upon admission for verification on ticket purchased. Visitors would be required to pay the pricing difference in the event the incorrect category of ticket had been purchased.
Any time is great, but you might want to consider visiting on a weekday mornings or afternoons, when there are usually fewer visitors.
Online ticket purchase has to be done 24 hours prior to visit. Tickets are limited and available on a first come first served basis.
Petrosains operates a time-ticketing system, please be at the entrance or lobby at least 15 minutes before your entry time.
No; you’re welcome to stay until closing no matter what time you enter.
Children aged below 3 do not need a ticket. Please be sure to tell our staff at the door how many children below 3 you would be accompanying into the centre. Children aged 3 and above will need a ticket.
No. Other offerings comes with no charges except for Café Mesra and specific hands-on programmes that are offered from time to time for a stipulated fee.
Yes. Visitors need to present their registered ‘OKU’ card over the counter.
Group visit of 20 or more requires advance booking via our Infobooking line at 03-23318181 or you can email us at email@example.com
Bringing awe-inspiring science exhibits to the local communities.
We believe that everyone deserves high quality science-related educational activities and programmes. This is where Petrosains PlaySmart comes in.
Petrosains PlaySmart started small. Over the years, we have evolved structurally and in our offerings.
We now have four Petrosains PlaySmart centres (Johor Bahru, Kuantan, Kota Kinabalu, Kuching), each boasting around 3,500 – 9,000 sq ft in exhibition area size. Having started with a meagre number of programmes, we now implement 26 different types of programmes to cater to a wider spectrum of audience.
Throughout the years, Petrosains PlaySmart established excellent working partnerships which have helped us develop and grow. Notable partners include Perbadanan Perpustakaan Awam Johor (PPAJ), Unit Sains Teknologi dan ICT Negeri Johor (USICT), Perbadanan Perpustakaan Awam Pahang, Perpustakaan Negeri Sabah, Dewan Suarah Negeri Kuching, Ministry of Education, and the various State Education Departments who share the same commitments towards the community as we do.
In the long run, we hope to bridge the gap between science and the community. Petrosains PlaySmart hopes that science does not only exist in schools, libraries, laboratories and the like, but lives prosperously in our everyday lives.
•Improved literacy in science and technology within the local community
•Strong awareness and appreciation of science as part of everyday life
•Increased involvement of families and communities in promoting science to children and students alike
•Reinforce PETRONAS’ commitment to the local community where it operates
•Application of science programmes in schools and the use of the hands on, minds on, and hearts on approach in everyday life.
Plan A Visit To PlaySmart
Unlock a world of possibilities at your nearest PlaySmart centre. Wonder awaits!
On the East Coast? Coast right through PlaySmart Kuantan for an educational experience like no other!Visiting Hours
PlaySmart Johor Bahru
All down for a day out with science? We are! Join us as we bring the Petrosains experience down south to Johor Bahru.Visiting Hours
PlaySmart Kota Kinabalu
Science knows no boundaries. Petrosains crosses the sea to bring you PlaySmart Kota Kinabalu.Visiting Hours